- Having trouble controlling Settled Water Turbidity
- Monthly chemical bill increasing, over budget year to date
- Higher than historical backwash frequencies - loss of production
- Operators are changing dosing frequently based on gut feel.
- No consensus on dosing strategy.
Use WIMS to view Historic SCADA data from Hach Turbidity meters on Raw and Settled Water vs Alum usage entered manually by the Operators.
- 10% savings on chemical usage (~10K/yr per MGD)
- Better time management
- Consistent settled water turbidities requires less frequent backwash:
Less wasted finished water
Management by exception:
- Dashboards allow easy monitoring for sustainability
- Notification by email or mobile devices for fast response to potential problems
Everyone is Making Data-Driven Decisions:
- Data clearly shows trends, issues and improvements
- Data provides visibility
- Data used to communicate more effectively
- Everyone knows what the goal is and how to achieve it