MSI packages for Hach WIMS that are NOT Patch MSI's (see Q12287) are files that look like "wims_ZZZZ.msi" and fall into two categories:
- Packages that are installed by the Platform Installer Bootstrapper
- Direct Server-Side Interface MSI packages that can be installed stand-alone provided your system meets the prerequisites (TODO: link to prerequisites article)
Right clicking and MSI package, choosing Properties and then clicking on the Summary tab will tell you in which category it falls:
This is an interface MSI and can be installed by double clicking it, provided you meet the prerequisites.
Double-clicking on an MSI package that needs the PlatformInstaller will display the following error and installation will terminate:
Installation for Platform Installer MSI's:
- Download the MSI by clicking the link provided to you
- Save the MSI to a location on your hard drive, or to a network-mapped drive
- Launch the Wims Platform Installer from any Hach WIMS DVD by inserting the DVD, or, if Autorun is disabled, by double-clicking the PlatformInstallerBootstrapper.exe file on the DVD
- When you get to this screen, enter the path (without the file) of the location you saved the MSI in.
- Click Next and finish the wizard
Installation Direct Server-Side Interface MSI's: