Hach has now been running OPS SQL upgrades for over 10 years. 90% of the OPS 32 database conversions are smooth and you can run the conversion yourself. However, we have identified some conditions that can create problems; specifically if the OPS 32 database is too large. Please review the last paragraph in this Knowledge Base Article: Why Upgrade to OPS SQL?
Hach recommends you purchase installation and training services with your upgrade, which includes Conversion Services. However, we offer 2 other options for database conversion services with your upgrade:
- DIY (do it yourself): If you have an active support subscription a Hach technician is available to review the documentation and answer your questions before/after you run the conversion.
- Conversion Services: for 2 hours of service ($300) an OPS technician will start the conversion process via Go-To-Meeting. We will lead the conversion remotely while your "System Champion" assists.
- If the conversion is quick, the technician will review the final database with you.
- If the conversion progress is long, your "System Champion" will contact the technician and have a second meeting to finalize and review the conversion.
- If there is a failure/error during the conversion OR if you do not have high speed internet access, Hach will need to obtain a backup of the OPS 32 database, run an analysis of the database and attempt the conversion in house.
- Please Note: An in-house conversion will cause a disruption of your normal workflow. ANY data entered into the OPS 32 program after we ahve the backup will not be included in the conversion.
- Conditions may exist that will require additional hours