NOTE : You will need OPSSQL SuperUser priviledges to perform tasks described in this article.
- Let’s say you have 3 users that you want to create training databases for. For this example’s sake we’ll use the following users:
- Go to the OPSSQL cd. There is a folder called TutorV3
- Copy the TutorV3 folder to your local drive and make sure that the “Read-only” flag is unchecked. Remember where you put it.
- Fire up Ops Server Setup. You can use either executable (i.e the procedure is the same for oracle as well as mssql 2000)
- Login to your server.
- Once inside, click on the “import facility” tab.
- Browse for the mdb file by clicking the … button. It’s going to be located wherever you put it in during step 3.
- Click Open and you’ll be back to :
- Fill out the unique identifier field and the facility name.
- Hit execute. Once the DB import is done, you’ll receive a confirmation.
- Close Ops Server Setup.
- Repeat steps 4-11 for Jane Doe and Bob Smith. The only change you need to make is in step 9, where you would choose the following
for Jane Doe and Bob Smith respectively.
- Run OPSSQL Client. Select “John Doe Training Facility” in the facility field. When you click OK, you will see a dialog similar to this:
- Click Yes and follow instructions. The database upgrade process will upgrade all databases that need the upgrade, not just OPSTRAIN1. Once the process is done, you will see a confirmation message
- Run OPSSQL Client. When you now login to “John Doe Training Facility”, there should be no upgrade process requested.
- Go to User Setup
- It will ask you to confirm your password. Do that. You’ll arrive at this screen:
- Click the browse button (…) and navigate to user John Doe.
- If user doesn’t exit, create a new user with desired username.
- Make sure you give the user right to his desired database.
- Repeat steps 18-20 for Jane Doe and Bob Smith
- If you click the PRINT button now, you can output usernames and their respective passwords. This come in handy during upcoming steps.
- Close User Setup.
- In Main menu of OPSSQL, go to File/Open Facility. You will be back to OPS SQL login screen
- You want to login as JOHNDOE and pick “John Doe Training Facility” from facility list.
- Once inside OPSSQL, Go to File and check the Default Facility” menu item
- Repeat steps 24-26 for Jane Doe and Bob Smith.